Who doesn’t love a good top five list? David Letterman made himself famous for them, well, top ten’s in his case, but you get the idea.
Audi has been putting out some pretty spectacular interiors as of late. Actually, Audi has always been known for producing some of the most high-quality interiors in the business, so this isn’t news. But the degree of which Audi is making interiors is quite remarkable. The new Audi A4, Q7, TT and R8 are all adorned with some of the best cabins in the business. It’s no coincidence that all of the aforementioned cars are brand new and build on Audi’s latest platforms. Audi is on a roll.
But just which interiors to wear four rings are the best? It’s tough, because it isn’t just those four new Audis that have great interiors. The S8 Plus, RS3 Sportback, A6 and A7 all have gorgeous interiors as well. So which ones are the most exceptional of all?
5. Audi R8 – The Audi R8 is one of the sexier supercars on the road, there’s no doubt about that, and it’s interior is equally as attractive. While the inside of the R8 is more conservatively designed than the seductive exterior, it’s still an ultra-modern and attractive interior that’s fitting of a supercar. The flat-bottomed steering wheel, cockpit-styled center console and incredible Virtual Cockpit design help make the R8 feel like a jet-fighter for the road from the inside. I’m also one of the few who love the circular buttons on the steering wheel, I feel like they should fire missiles. But there are four other Audi’s that have nicer interiors, which is odd being the R8 is the most expensive Audi, so it’s number five.
4. Audi A4 – The new Audi A4 has been garnering a ton of praise for its new interior. As Audi’s best-selling and most important car, the folks in Ingolstadt needed to get this one right. And boy did they. It could possibly be the best interior in its class, which is incredibly impressive given the Mercedes-Benz C Class being in the same segment. But the new A4’s interior is ultra-modern, incredibly airy and open, made with rich materials and is one of the more refreshing designs in the segment. The single, thin air vent that runs across the entire dash and of course the Virtual Cockpit (noticing a trend?) make this a fantastic place to spend hours driving. My only complaint is that it isn’t as sporty as I might like, but that’s just me. This is supposed to be a sport sedan. Bring the sportiness.
3. Audi S8 Plus – The oldest car on the list still makes it by being just so damn spectacular. Usually carbon fiber trim in a car as opulent as the A8 looks a bit cheesy. But the S8 Plus makes t looks so damn aggressive and attractive. That trim combined with the piano black accents, red contrast stitching and black alcantara headliner make this one of the coolest luxury car cabins on the market. Plus, being part of the A8 line, it also has an incredible backseat. Though no one will want to sit in it because rear passengers might get nauseous with the rate of speed at which the S8 Plus accelerates, brakes and turns. It might be based on one of the oldest cars in Audi’s lineup, but this is one of the best luxury car interiors, period.
2. Audi TT – There isn’t actually much going on with the interior of the Audi TT, but it lands high on the list for being one of the more unique interiors on the market. The infotainment screen? Behind the steering wheel and part of the Virtual Cockpit, otherwise there is none. Where are the HVAC controls, you might ask? Inside the aircraft-inspired circular air vents. It’s just a very unique, very simple, very driver-focused and sporty interior. It’s refreshing to see an interior that isn’t filled with 6 million buttons or terrible touchscreens that just don’t work (*cough* Cadillacs *cough*). The new TT’s interior is one of the coolest sports car interiors on the market and one of the more unique cabinet to wear four rings. So it’s number tow.
1. Audi Q7 – The Audi Q7 takes the top spot, not for being exceptional at a single specific thing, but for being excellent at all things. It’s actually very similar to the A4’s and you can see how a familial design is forming. But the Q7’s cabin is filled with sumptuous leather, throne-like seats, all sorts of high-tech gizmos and is adorned with natural light thanks to all of the tall glass. The Audi Q7’s interior manages to be luxurious and comfortable as well as being high-tech. It’s an interior that has an incredible amount of duality. It’s also spacious, has seven seats and is practical as well. It’s just everything you could possibly every want in a luxury interior. So the Q7 tops the list of the best Audi interiors.