Audi now fully owns Italdesign Giugiaro SpA

Audi has acquired the remaining stake in the famous company Italdesign Giugiaro SpA. It was back in 2010 when iconic car designer Giorgetto Giugiaro sold 90.1% of his shares in the company to Audi and now the rest of the 9.9% stake has been acquired by the VW-owned marque. Giugiaro has also resigned from the company that he founded in 1968 and during all these years he was responsible for designing more than 100 production cars along with lots of interesting concepts.

He was in charge of designing the Audi 80, but also some other important models from other automakers such as the BMW M1, Maserati Bora, Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint, along with several Volkswagen models like the Golf I, Passat I and the first Scirocco.

You Might Also Enjoy:  Most powerful Audi R18 ever premiers in Munich

Italdesign Giugiaro SpA officials have announced Giorgetto Giugiaro has left the company in order to “dedicate more time to his personal interests”. They also said this will not have any repercussions in the development of the design house which they characterize as being on a “growing path.” In addition, by the end of this year they will boost the workforce considerably by hiring an additional 250 employees.

Now that Audi is the sole owner of the company, we won’t be too surprised if future concepts will be influenced by Italdesign Giugiaro SpA.

Adrian Padeanu

Long-time fan of the fabled Four Rings.