We’re facing something almost none of us have ever faced before — social distancing. Never before have we ever really had to practice worldwide social distancing to stay safe from a virus. However, we’re all now facing a situation which requires us to stay home and stay away from each other. While that’s not exactly a hardship in itself, we can understand why people are getting a bit stir-crazy and bored. So Audi has released a list of fifteen movies featuring Audi vehicles to watch while you’re stuck inside.
This isn’t a list of car movies but instead a list of good movies to watch that just so happen to feature Audis. Well most of them are good…
The list actually includes one movie that we featured in a list of self-quarantine car movies recently — Ronin. The spy thriller with Robert DeNiro not only features a D2-gen Audi S8; a very under-appreciated performance sedan; but one of the best car chases ever put on film.
A lot of the movies on this list are from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as Audi is one of the sponsors for Marvel movies. Obviously, the first Iron Man movie, which kicked the whole MCU off, features the first-gen Audi R8 as Tony Stark’s ride of choice.
There are several other Marvel movies in this list, including the most recent Avengers: Endgame and Spider-Man: Far From Home. Both of which include high-tech Audi EVs; with the e-tron GT being Tony Stark’s new ride in the former and the e-tron SUV featured in the latter.
There’s also Fifty Shades of Grey, if you’re feeling really lonely, and that features a few Audi products, such as the R8 Spyder. Interestingly, Audi notes that the author of the books actually wrote each Audi in specifically, which translated directly to the movie.
So if you’re feeling a bit stir-crazy and getting bored with being stuck inside, check out some of these movies. The full list is below.
1. 1982, Audi 5000 in, “E.T., the Extra-Terrestrial”
2. 1998, S8 appears in one of the greatest chase scenes ever filmed, “Ronin”
3. 1999, A4 sedan appears in the drama film, “The Insider”
4. 2003, TT Roadster in “Legally Blonde 2: Red White & Blonde”. Fun fact: Audi developed the Candy Blue exterior paint color exclusively for the movie that was then available for customers to order.
5. 2006, Lois Layne drives an A3 Sportback in “Superman Returns”
6. 2007, Jason Bourne drives an A5 in “The Bourne Ultimatum”
7. 2008, R8, S5 and Q7 all make an appearance in the first “Iron Man” film, launching many epic adventures with the Marvel franchise.
8. 2008, A3 Sportback and the S8 star in “Taken”
9. 2010, A5 Sportback in “The American”
10. 2013, R8 Spyder and the A8 appear in the superhero film, “The Wolverine”
11. 2014, A5 Cabriolet and S6 in “Transformers: Age of Extinction”
12. 2015, R8 Spyder, A3 Sedan, S8, S7 and the Audi Q7 star in “Fifty Shades of Gray” Fun fact: the author had already written all of these Audi models into the book series, which then translated directly to the silver screen.
13. 2017, A8 was seen for the first time on-screen with the debut of “Spider-Man: Homecoming”
14. 2019, Audi e-tron Sportback concept and Audi e-tron GT concept appear in “Avengers: Endgame”
15. 2019, Audi e-tron SUV appears in addition to the A7 and the Audi Q8 in “Spider-Man: Far From Home”