Audi highlights the World Ducati Week 2014

The World Ducati Week 2014 show was held between July 18 and 20 and was actually the 8th bi-annual event organized during which they equalized the attendance record from 2012. Even though it lasted a day less than the event from a couple of years ago, this year’s show attracted no less than 65,000 fans of the Ducati brand at the “Marco Simoncelli” Misano World Circuit where thousands of motorcycles and Audi models gathered around.

Participants arrived at the event from five continents and 56 different countries, with 60 percent of them from Italy while the other 40 percent were from outside Italy’s borders, like from United States, Australia, Russia, India, China, Brazil, Gabon, Nepal, Iceland, Malaysia and a few European countries.

You Might Also Enjoy:  Audi TTS Competition Plus Gets More Power and Style


Saturday July 19th was actually the most intense day of the World Ducati Week 2014 when the biggest crowds gathered to participate in a wide variety of events, the highlight of which was the final showdown of the Diavel Drag Race by Tudor. In this exciting event Ducati Corse riders (SBK & MotoGP) battle it out on the starting straight of the Misano World Circuit on the reputable Ducati Diavel Carbon bikes.

An ex Ducati SBK rider by the name of Regis Laconi took the win, while in second place came Matteo Baiocco who at the moment is a Ducati SBK test driver. On third place of the race organized within the World Ducati Week 2014 was Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team), followed by Michele Pirro (test rider for Ducati Team in MotoGP).

During the WDW2014, no less than 10,192 laps were made by bikes & cars while staff photographers took a whopping 72,000 pics. Other highlights included 58 on-track events & shows, 360 minutes of live streaming on Ducati’s official YouTube channel, 700 test drives of the Monster 821 while 600 participants answered 13,000 quiz questions that had a Ducati theme.

Adrian Padeanu

Long-time fan of the fabled Four Rings.